Thursday, April 7, 2011

This world is temporary.

This past week was a bit of a solemn one internally. I was just thinking a lot about death and eternity, and it overwhelmed the rest of my thoughts and actions. Not at all in a bad way, just in a really awakening way. There are just times when the fragility of life seems so much more real, and it puts everything in perspective. It makes me feel so weak, to think that everything and everyone I have in my life could be taken away in a moment. And yet, that is exactly where I want to be. When I feel that weakness, when nothing in my life seems stable except for God, I have to turn to Him for all my comfort. (Which is the only place real comfort can be found!) This kind of perspective encourages me to live in such a way where everything I do is done for God, and everything I hold is held with open hands. I am asking God to make that lifestyle a reality. I praise Him for the ways He's already done that, but I long to live it out even more. I know that when I empty myself of the things of this world, I can be filled with Him! 

No comments: