Wednesday, May 27, 2009

in the nick of time.

I just had a truly fantastic weekend visiting my wonderful boyfriend Steven! Early (oh, so early) Tuesday morning, it was time to head back to Irvine. At the airport, I stepped in the security line, unable to see its impressive length ahead of me. As the line rounded the corner, it's size was unveiled.

oh no. this line is long. really long. like... 80% chance I'm not going to make my flight long.

I prayed the line would go fast... really fast. I prayed that something wonderful would happen, allowing me to make my flight.

At 7 minutes till my plane left the ground, I still had a ways to go. I'm generally bad at estimating, but I'm going to claim there were about 50 people still ahead of me. A man checked my ticket and asked " how are ya doin' this morning?"

"I'm doing well, but I'm cutting it real close."
"How close?"
"My plane leaves in 7 minutes."
Pause.
"(A name I can't remember)! Can you take this young lady to the front of the line? Her plane leaves in 7 minutes."

And to my delight, that kind lady smiled and motioned me to come with her "Excuse me, pardon me, coming through..." I was at the front of the line. And within 3 minutes, I was sitting on my plane.

Thank the Lord. Seriously, thank the Lord. =)

No comments: