Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Natural Worship.

I am sorry for neglecting my blog and my new year's resolution.
But, guess what?
Today is February 16th, and it's time for me to make my February 16th resolution!

I, Emily Fenton, plan to blog every Tuesday and Friday beginning on February 16th and lasting through the month of March.

Okay, so I couldn't even blog every Friday... why would I add Tuesday too!? Well, I think it's not that I don't want to blog or can't think of anything... it's that I often have lots of thoughts and can't chose, so therefore put it off, and don't blog! We shall see what happens!

A thought about a thought...
(Thanks Steven for sending me this quote!) "I believe that the only ones... that are born of the holy spirit... come to Jesus Christ and say something like this, 'Lord Jesus, I'm going to serve you and do what you want me to do as long as I live, even if I go to hell at the end of the road, simply because you are worthy to be loved and obeyed and served and I'm not trying to make a deal with you.'" -Paris Reidhead.

When our love is truly genuine for Christ, we will be so amazed with him that our greatest desire is to give him all our praise. Luke 17:11-19 tells a story about ten lepers who were healed by Jesus. Nine of them left without thanking God, but one "turned back, praising God with a loud voice; and he fell on his face at Jesus' feet, giving thanks." We can think of worship as a strange and frightening term, but in this man's case, he was so overjoyed, all he wanted to do was fall before Jesus and worship him! There is nothing forced about this worship, because when you really experience Jesus, worship and love is the only natural response! The biggest reason we should not want to go to hell is because not being able to love and adore and worship God would be the most saddening thing to us! I want to continue experiencing and knowing God by his word and his Holy Spirit, and have a heart that can't help but worship him! I am so thankful that I can say this true worship is the way the Lord has been taking me. I long for even more!

No comments: